Some stuff about Starbound I deem non-obvious.
- place and mine background tiles with the right mouse button.
- quickly drain pools by removing background tiles at the bottom if you're not too deep under ground.
- use items straight from the inventory by picken them up and clicking outside the inventory window.
- decrease picks' effective radius with the shift key.
- transfer items between the inventory and crafting windows by shift-clicking them.
- right click on the star map to "zoom out" (e.g. move from planet to solar system view).
- take or place half the amount by right clicking.
- repair picks by taking a diamond and right clicking on the pick.
- place unique crafting items (like the metalworks station) on your ship.
- this little red bar that pops up at night?
- This is your body temperature (or something similar). Your screen will whiten and you will lose health quick if this runs low. Stay near heat sources like campfires or equip some warming armor. The sun icon indicates how protective a given piece of armor is.
Where can I get…
- space ship fuel?
- Your space ship can be fuelled with coal. Yes, coal.
- loads and loads of plant fibre?
- Try landing on a jungle type planet.
- Titanium can be mined on Planets of the gamma sector.